Pregnancy Pain Relief with Salinas Chiropractor
For many pregnant women, aches and pains in the lower back and hips are just a normal part of the experience. Upwards of 50 percent of pregnant women report that they experience back pain at some point during their pregnancy. Luckily for them, they can find relief from a chiropractor visit. Chiropractic care is the health maintenance of the spinal column, discs, and related nerves without the need for drugs or surgery. It involves the process of adjusting misaligned joints of the body, especially of the spine, which reduces spinal nerve stress and therefore promotes health throughout the body.
According to chiropractic.org, chiropractors all over the world perform more than 1 million adjustments on any given day. Complications from these adjustments are very rare. Chiropractic care is believed to be safe for pregnant women, but like any other procedure, there may be certain circumstances where chiropractic care is not the best option. Please be sure to get your doctor’s approval before considering chiropractic care during pregnancy. Chiropractic care is generally not recommended if you’re experiencing:
- vaginal bleeding
- placenta previa or placental abruption
- ectopic pregnancy
- moderate to severe toxemia
Can chiropractic care help during pregnancy?
There are many hormonal and physical changes women experience during their pregnancy. Some of these changes have an impact on their posture and comfort level and as the baby gets heavier, the mother’s center of gravity shifts, along with her posture. And because of this, the physical changes experienced during pregnancy tends to lead to a misalignment of spine or joints. Other reported uncomfortable changes during pregnancy include:
- An increased curve of the back due to their protruding abdomen
- Changes to the pelvis as the body begins to prepare for labor
- Adaptations to posture
- Back Pain Relief:A chiropractor restores movement to joints in the low back that are locked or fixated through a chiropractic adjustment. This removes the pressure on the nerves and helps the muscles to relax.
- Neck Pain Relief: Chiropractors specialize in pregnancy pain relief for neck pain and provide our patients with exercises they can do at home to strengthen their low back and neck muscles to help them handle the extra strain.
- Sciatica Pain Relief:Many pregnant women experience sciatica pain because of the pelvis rotating forward, which puts a stretch on the nerves in the low back and pinching the sciatic nerve. Women with sciatica pain can get relief with chiropractic care since adjustments make space for the joints that become stiff due to postural changes and allow the sciatic nerve to function properly.
If you’re experiencing back, hip, or joint pain related to your pregnancy, schedule an appointment with your doctor before you even consider chiropractic care. They can recommend whether chiropractic care would be beneficial for you or not. They can also decide if chiropractic care is safe for you and your growing baby. If your doctor is comfortable with your going to a chiropractor for pain relief, give Back Pain, Neck Pain & Headache Relief Center a call. Chiropractic care is a safe, effective practice and routine chiropractic care can not only help you manage pain in your back, hips, and joints, it can also create pelvic balance. Provide your baby with as much space as possible over the course of your pregnancy and help your body get ready for a faster, easier labor and delivery. Give Back Pain, Neck Pain & Headache Relief Center in Salinas a call at (831) 350-6999 today!
The first step to relief from Pregnancy Pain is to schedule a free consultation in our office to discuss the specifics of your case.